SKANDIE GEORDIE PLUS FORUM OFFSKI!



After the previous strange week its been all action and busy busy this week.
Alot of time n work has been put into getting the Newcastle Poker Forum up and live after having to change the operating program at a late stage. Poor S2C has been sick of me pushing to get it live and fair dues to him hes done it and it went live on Thursday. He is going to post more about this on here in the next day or so.
Reason I was pushing so much was its Aspers Festival next week and the perfect opportunity to promote the forum is there and hopefully some live updates during the action of the main days.Following on from that is the well mentioned Virgin Festival at the same venue and once again the opportunity to promote again and hopefully link in with the most popular forum of A World of Poker ( AWOP). Watch this space.
Live action was my normal poker at the Felly pub on Tuesday but failed to make it 9 from 9 final tables when my large raise and push on the flop of K58 rainbow was instant called and the monsta of K5 for 2 pair was shown and held.My 5xBB was obviously just not quite enough! Low stacked I eventually go out when on my BB with Q10h to an unraised pot I push to a flop of 77Q and all fold back to sb who calls with A9 and rivers his Ace.
Get a sit n go 6 seater going and push early to soon take the game down for a profit and payday for a free night.
Didnt feel like it but eventually went to my usual Grosvenor Friday night game of £25Double Chance Freeze out mainly to spread the word of the forum being live. Wasnt there at all in poker head really eventually going out in 4 way all in with Ad10d when about 14 left on an Ace high flop with 2 diamonds to guy with AJ that hit 2 pair and held. No returns but had such a laugh on 2nd table I was on with Mr & Mrs Willis, Tracey and a dark haired guy called Chris. Some really funny moments and one liners made the night."Liners" was the appropriate word especially with black bin put in front of it. (Sorry private joke that totally creased the table)

Had a good think about my approach to cash tables this week and after watching alot of games decided my far too tight approach obviously needed changing. I simply had far too many losing sessions and was not getting paid on my big hands. A bit of advice from a couple of people and I set about putting my strategy and game together in a 3 day experiment. Without giving too much away I was shocked at the positive results it brought together with some very profitable winning sessions. Hopefully this was not just a flash in the pan but Ill keep you informed over the next couple of weeks and look forward to a much better return than last months and for long term. Alot was based of "Skandi" aggression and to be honest boy oh boy did it work but also bear in mind this is at levels of a maximum of 25/50c.
Thats it now, but quick mention to King Keegan and well done at last for that lift last weekend for so many Geordie fans and what seems like a corner turned and hopefully along that road to silver that weve never been down for so long.

1 comments:

RealAle said...

Your absolutely right about the aggressive approach killing the micro games. I've been playing micro on another site recently and use the same approach.

I'd say position is really key.

I suspect the same approach works
on all levels although most re-raises at micro levels mean a strong hand so that makes them easier to read.

Keep up the good work and keep it Real