From Vegas onto Nottingham!!!



Been a very interesting few days after the disappointment at the weekend in the Poker in the Pub Finals. Brilliant result there though for Fellside regular and proper character Stevey "Wildcard" Scott who battled his way to the final table and despite Facing a huge chip stack difference hit when he had to and ended up taking down the title and now moves on to the National Finals in Stoke next month with the opportunity of a trip to Vegas for the top 5 finishers. Good luck mate cudnt of happened to a nicer guy.
Sunday I made my WSOP Final seat through satellite and hope the poker gods look down on me for that one.
Decent session on micro cash on Monday and Tuesday saw our final table for our in house league at the local Fellsider Pub. Full report and pictures of this at www.newcastle-poker.co.uk and a great night was had by all. Despite being chip leader at start due to points total I never really got going and a slight mistake by another player and out draw with AK to Q8 hitting runner runner straight took me to the rails. Game was eventually taken down by rank outsider (16/1) Chris "Fred" Steele in a great heads up battle with S2C Scotty finishing up runners up and unable make it back to back league win. Only downside was Chris s liability of £80 as he was the only player that could cost me after giving odds on the game and being over subscribed on his generous price.

Wednesday saw the 1st of the qualifiers for the recently announced next Virgin Festival Event which is being held at the Dusk till Dawn venue in Nottingham and after a poor start I get my hit I need when its AA in the BB with decent raise utg and an all in 2 before me with my stack covered. My AA holds againt KK and I move along nicely then. Decent at final table and when we eventually get to bubble position Im the low stack and the one they all want to attack. Get the luck you need when Im dealt KK in the BB facing single raise and when I push and get called Im up against Ace Rag. Next hand Im chip leader and cruise through after that with 5 seats on offer and makes it a great month to look forward to in June.

Yip June will now be megga 10 or 14 days in Vegas with highlight being playing in the over 50 year old bracelet event at the WSOP and on arriving back drive across to Nottingham and have the weekend there playing in the Virgin Festival- cant be bad.

Im even still leading in the dart the sheep competition featured below and hosted at the Newcastle Poker forum thread- cant see that time being beat neither!!!!

2 comments:

TheMuse said...

Nice results mate. Vegas or Virgin though.....which one do you really want to get a result in :)
Need to try and get my seat to Notts as well.

TEAMDOBB said...

Least Ill have a suntan for Tower interview on Nutz!!!!