STILL NOT LOST VIRGINTY- YET!





Been trying in vain to qualify online for Virgin festival last couple of weeks which is held at Aspers in Newcastle. One thing about this is the table banter and attitude of the players is A1 and Ive seen no shit being dished out in comments and beasting of plays, bad beats etc that you normally get in most tournaments. Be nice to actually meet the REAL faces behind the names so need that seat Poker Gods if ya reading.
After last weeks high of the £200 Freeze out it was back to earth and the normal week end game choice to decide on. My fav place to play is the Grosvenor mainly for the crack from the guys who get in there but Nooooooooo the card room has been "booked for private function" by a forum named W.A.S.S. this Friday & Saturday so elsewhere I looked. Choice between hectic push push for chips at Aspers 100 plus runner £20 Freeze Out which I cant ever remember enjoying when I played it or down to Stanleys Circus for the £15 Re-buy ( 90mins )
Easy choice of Stanleys but night gets off to bad start when I get there at 7.59 for advertised 8.00 start to find its actually 8.30 start from new schedule. Main cardroom manager Gary not there so another booooo and guy in charge seems to be struggling with computer. Late start but eventually 3 tables kick off which soon goes up to 4 as late comers join in. Good mix on my table with 1/2 new faces and 1/2 regulars.
Not the normal rush rush rush to get chips of re buy at our table and its a steady game. Guy to my right is the man on fire with continuous raises and everytime hes looked up by someone hes got the business- just one of those nights for him. Best hand was when American guy from Arizona working in Toon! to his right single raises his BB and its a 3 way pot. Jc10cKs flop keeps the 3 way action and turn of 10s brings even more. American is all in, other 2 call. Rvr is 7 clubs and all the remaining chips go in. Showdown to JJ from American for full house, one guy has Ac6c for nut flush and Big Stack to my right turns the beauty of 8C9C for staright flush and a VERY NICE POT SIR!
Happy at break with what I got and my early re buy and top up for an investment of £45 for the tournament.
Bit of grind after break but steady build till table break up to last 20. New table brings me in 3 to left of anotha monsta stack in front of lady dealing but others are average with most of chips on the other table. Eventually with blinds kicking in and a weak BB I put 1/2 my stack in with AsJs to get a re raise all in by super tight player who only plays big cards and BB also pushes all the rest of his stack in so its no going back time but I know Im in trouble and need suck oot.
Yip its AhQh to Mr Tite, KsQs to BB and my AsJs for very meaty pot at vital stage. Flop brings Ace 1st card with rag rag. The luverly Jd appears on the turn and a 10 on the river gives the lot to me and totally cripples Mr Super Tite.
Bully bully although 50% I got hands till I raise Mr Super Tite on BB and after long think he calls to show A8 which doesnt improve and 2 hands later Berlin Bates gets the bubble prize and its final table time.
Really good mix there with 2 monsta stacks and 2 really low ones.Taxi for low stack Rob Taylor 3rd hand pushes on his blind and another faller soon after. Lose a couple win a couple and its down to 5. Blinds are really kicking in now as they do and with 9d10d I decide to push from button having enough to still get people off hands. Im instant called from big stacked lady on BB and she shows down Adkd booooooo.
Flop comes 10 3 3 wooooooo turn 9 wooooooooooo lady luck is with me but killer river Ace hits to give her higher 2 pair and Im gone in 5th but still happy all in all and a just under triple up on my spend. Feb still looking good I just hope I lose my Virginity tonight or tomorrow for Aspers Virgin Festival entry.

2 comments:

DasLoot said...

Keep grinding, eventually you will lose that cherry !

No problem with the blog link :)

http://dasloot.blogspot.com/

Poker play the Soap way said...

I will try and qualify tomorrow (alias is soapattack)