FREE FLOWERS IN THE MONTH OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





What a difference a day makes eh! Saturday night saw the best game in Newcastle at the moment at the Grosvenor with their £200 Double Chance Freeze Out over 2 days which they hold every 3 months. A final field of 46 ( their lowest ever for this event)finally settled down to do battle and I was well pleased with my table which was full of regular faces. Lots of early action all over and our table was no different. With blinds of still 25/50 in 1st level Steve Laker was playing some aggresive poker and took down this nice pot. I limp UTG with JJ, Laker calls, sb calls and BB pumps it up to 350. I call and so do the other 2. Flop comes 8d9d3c to which original raiser checks so I put out 600 into 1400 pot. Laker announces raise to which I comment "wot a surprise" and puts it up to 2400 to play for next player to announce all in 5k and original raiser also calls. I put down my Jacks and Laker makes up 3 way all in.
Showdown and 1st guy all in turns 33 for set, original raiser shows QQ (no diamond)and Laker shows 10d Jd. No change on turn but Ad hits river to give Laker his flush and the very nice pot.
1st casualty was very early, on the apparently mad raising table when a decent raise was re raised all in and called. Original raise shows KK to AJ by re raiser and the Kings hold up.
Nothing worse in these events if ya constantly getting crap cards and cant play but to be honest I cudnt complain at what I was getting and felt I was well involved and playing a wide range of cards.Next 2 levels soon changed that though and it seemed I hardly played a hand and going into the last level I set myself a target of making 2nd day with at least 20k so needed a double up somewhere here.Funny the way it came when Im sitting with 7d3d on my BB and getting low. Its 3 limpers and probably the 1st hand that hadnt been raised for ages lets me see a flop of Q73. Out came the PKR wrist band I had been given by Karen33000 for our own private joke (Karen3300 on same table by the way) up I stand and in that PKR deep sounding voice announce " ALL IN" to which I get one caller showing QJ. My lickle 2 pair turn into diamond flush and I finish the 1st day on just under 20k very much the same as Jamesy (Karen33000) who had played two great hands to keep himself in contention. Not so one guy who called an all in with KK to then get another call and both other players show down AA that share the pot.
3.30 start on Sunday and I pick up nice hands early doors to get to position where at least I can play abit more. I hit a run of cards where I get 10 10 3 times and get well paid on them all twice forcing original raisers to fold and another hand when I make a House on the river to cause big stack damage to Dave "Poisson" Stephenson. Dave eventualy becomes the 1st casualty when his all in push on the sb with I think A9 was called by me on the BB with 88 that held up.
Karen33000 eventually went out ul 12th when his very low stack all in was called by me on my BB with Ace that hit 1st card. Final table of 9 was soon reached after this and I was taking 58k with me.
Blinds were 2/4 1st level of final table and I make a few chips with uncontested raises before guy to my right pushes all in with approx 20k which I call with JJ that holds to his AQ.
Soon last 7 and Gerry "PokerMillions" McNally goes out so ul when after saying to sb "have u limped in there Joe? and pumps it up to 12k" to which the sb calls. A flop of 456 rainbow is checked by the sb to which Gerry pushes all in for the rest of his stack and an instant call by sb. Gerry shows KK but sb Joe turns over 78 for nut straight on board.7th & 6th fell within a few hands of each other.
Not long after this with not much action happening a deal was mentioned with chip leader Joe saying he was happy to do equal deal but this would be the only time he would offer this. With one guy there from Yorkshire who wanted to be away for 40K gtd online at Will Hill and rest of us very similar chipped we agreed to equal 5 way deal giving us each £1549.00
Thanks to Candice and her crew for a well run competition and the Free Sunday Lunch. Cya all at next one in May the week end before the GUKPT hits the Toon I think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

spike a 10 on the river you lucky,lucky barstad.
Never mind alls well that ends well i went to Apers and left with £700 of the queens sterling after i took down the Sunday afternoon comp

Brenos said...

Congrats, nice cash. Loving the PKR banter too, did you call anyone a "LOOOSERRR!" and make an 'L' on your forehead?!

TEAMDOBB said...

lololol- few said they bet you go up to Aspers.
N1 vwp kind Sir. Lucky river 10 yes but the 1200 bet to the Ace flop is what won me the hand I reckon.

gyposdog said...

5 way split fkn pussys

TEAMDOBB said...

got alot of flowers to buy gypo!
some important people need cheering up if ya know what I mean

Anonymous said...

No m8 i had already worked out that with the 5k call you had a pp because i am sure you would have reraised with AK and i didnt think you would bet aq on flop or even call 5k with AJ so when the turn comes A i thought happy days i am def ahead.Now when you pop in a small reraise on river i thought ffs Quad Aces but OMG it was much worse.Now the only reason i made it to day 2 was by beating AA with AK so i def had no complaints.It was nice to hear that you managed to chop m8,very well done

TEAMDOBB said...

Cheers jimmyc. Enjoyed ya company both days as norm and thanks for table image help it certainly worked. Getting ali to put down QQ was a 1st for me.