DEEIRUN RETURNS TO THE BLUE BAIZE



Havnt played much online last few days with one thing and another although Ive been keeping an eye on young Mr James Lewis on Betfair to make sure he dont donk off all his hard earned roll. Im off for a long weekend in Mallorca on Friday to see my mates place hes had renovated and to chill abit, eat abit and drink alot. So last night Im busy sorting out my lap top and all the crap its got on it when good old Will Hill caught my eye. Used to play most of my poker on there at one time so decided to have alook and see if there was anyone on I recognised. Yip 5 mins to $20 Head Hunter Gtd thing and theres Oranges on there and a few others I recognise. Check my account and wow I got a few hundred player points and over £50 still in there. Top 30 cash in Head Hunter game but never get going and yo yo abit. Get same table as Oranges for a while so best thing about game was the good crack n chat we had. I eventually bust out around the 60 mark when in button position I push with A9 to take out low stacked BB for his head but earlier limper in mid calls over 3/4 his stack with A10 and it holds. So $8 summit return say nite nite to Pete and offskis into the shower. 20 minutes later and feeling fresh its back to Will Hill and sign up for the 12.00 £20 NTX £2k Gtd and 100 runners. Late night Poker on Channel 4 helped me through the early stages and didnt seem too long before its last 2 tables. Get seated on left of Mrs Dests who did so well in St Kitts and although she doesnt know me she does know some of the lads I do. Had checked how many runners were left not so long back and she was bottom of the pile on 400 chips so was amazed to see her sitting there with about 15k I think. I can easy remember vital hands when Im playing live but struggle with this online. Top 10 paid and I do remember passing 3 or 4 marginal hands that hit at this time and 2 of them Dests takes down with nice pots. Its final table and good hands had been limited so Im convinced my buses would be along very soon. Players begin falling (Dests goes in 6th) and I get a lucky break to river a decent pot when dominated and then when last 4 my push with 10 10 faces AK and an AK board flops down but the magic 10 pops out on the river.
Last 3 was abit of a slog but I was convinced this was mine. Eventually got heads up but go out with my chips in ahead and good read on him with this hand:
Game #5578507203: NTX £2000 Special (ID6576415) £20+£2 - Hold'em NL (1500/3000) - 2008/02/27 - 03:53:09 (UK) Table "6576415 - 1" Seat 1 is the button.
Seat 1: Birdie22 (117128 in chips) Seat 6: Deeirun (82872 in chips) Birdie22: posts the ante 400 Deeirun: posts the ante 400 Birdie22: posts small blind 1500 Deeirun: posts big blind 3000
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Deeirun [Ah 8h] Birdie22: raises to 9000 Deeirun: calls 6000
----- FLOP ----- [8s 5s 3h]
Deeirun: checks Birdie22: bets 15000 Deeirun: raises to 30000 Birdie22: raises to 107728 and is all-in Deeirun: is all-in 43472 Returned uncalled bets 34,256 to Birdie22
----- TURN ----- [8s 5s 3h][2d] ----- RIVER ----- [8s 5s 3h 2d][7s] ----- SHOW DOWN -----
Birdie22: shows [9s Js] (A Flush, Jack high) Deeirun: shows [Ah 8h] (A Pair of Eights, Ace high)
Birdie22 collected 165744 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot 165744 Main pot 165744 Rake 0 Board [8s 5s 3h 2d 7s] Seat 1: Birdie22 (small blind) showed [9s Js] and won (165744) with A Flush, Jack high Seat 6: Deeirun (big blind) showed [Ah 8h] and lost with A Pair of Eights, Ace high

A link with Lady Dests and a £400 2nd thatll do for me and will round my February off nicely thank you very much.
One more game live I think in town before I get it on with Easyjet and nice figures to post for this month.
P.S. Im sure its John Devlins wedding night time bash this Saturday and if ya read this John & Leanne have a good night and hopefully see ya both when we get back from Mallorca.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi DC

Good to chat to you sir.

So we were on the same table at one point? PMSL - had no idea m8 and completely missed that!

Enjoy the trip and speak soon.

Pete O