NO DEALS THIS TIME BABY!



Friday night and offskis me n S2C go and choice is Grosvenor this week for their £20 Double Chance Freezeout 5k starting stack.It seemed busy and a field of 60 shuffled up and dealt. Very happy with table and I know alot of cheap chips are available from certain players there.Self dealt and a young nervous new player gets seat 1 and with no one else offering he trys his best which in all honesty was really frustrating to some at the table. Early doors in position I re raise a weak raise with 88 and push on a low flop but the guy calls with AJ and hits his Ace on the turn. 2nd chance stack early is unusual for me but soon double that through milking full house and a guy pushes with AQ when ive got bullets on the BB, happy days. I chance 10 10 in button to mid raise and guy pushes with AK and my pair holds. Nice stack at break and table breaks soon after to which I get moved to table full of chips. OOOOO S2c sitting opposite and he doing well also. Go card dead but patience kicks in and I sit tight eventually picking up KK in 2nd position but guy UTG pushes all with 66 and a nice addition to my stack is made. Add again soon after with QQ then lose a very big pot ul when my 75off on BB flops to 7s5s2h board. Guy pushes all in for decent amount who I know plays a massive range of hands. I call he shows flush draw and inside straight draw. Turn is safe but he rivers the flush with 8s.
Soon after I pick up another good pot with big pair and sitting very nice piled high.
S2C getting his BB attacked and makes bad mistake when he re raises all in on his BB with Ac10c to big raise from early position player but not enough to be able to get her off it. She turns her predicatable AK and its bye bye S2. 16 left and continue picking up decent hands and getting paid off infact I wish it had been a head hunter competition they were falling like skittles.
Chip leader on final table and its a good mixture there with entertaining crack from Craig Foggo to my right, a very aggressive Chinese guy with chip on his shoulder to my left and the lady who mugged my KK 2 weeks ago at the bottom corner.
Aggresive Chinese guy all in blind 1st hand and loses 1/2 his stack then same again next hand but bad beats guy. He eventually goes out when his QQ is called by Foggos Js9s and its runner runner for spade flush to an angry man who storms off to the payout rostrum. I take out push by low stack with K crap to my AJ. My cheap flop with K10 brings a 10 2 3 rainbow board and with 2 checks I bet 16k but lady who took me out 2 weeks ago with crap call announces all in for anutha 48K. I dont have her A 10 cos she always raises with any Ace like that and im sure she has 22 or 33 with her limp in so I fold and she shows same hand K 10. Get down to last 6 or 5 and she pushes early doors when getting low and I call with AcJc in BB to see her A8 not improve and revenge is sweet.
Solid consistent player called Rob goes out 4th when my mid pair takes out his AK.
So last 3 and Craig Foggo continues his amazing comeback (4k) and is well placed but soon is seriously damaged when young student guy takes down big pot and then Craig pushes all in on my BB with 66 and I have AK to which Ace hits 1st card.
Blinds are big now and not the time to go card dead but serious bad card dead I go and I actually fold 8 hands in a row they were that bad to either raises or all in shouts yet I was very convinced I was taking this down.
At last its the break I need when he unusually limps into my BB of 8 10 off and its flop of A 8 10. I check and he bets 12k which I re raise to 24k and he says ALL IN showing AK spades and I take down nice pot to put me just in front. Next hand Im JdJc in sb and I decide lets gamble and limp to which we see flop of 8910 all hearts. He bets min and I re raise him all in to which he calls instantly and shows Ah 9s.No help on turn and river 7 gives me straight and nice win WITH NO DEAL for £385. Other bonus is Grosvenor are doing promotion whereby all winners of multi tournaments between Feruary and March are being entered into a freeroll tournament called champion of champions for a seat to the Newcastle leg of the GUKPT for the winner and side event entry for the 2nd and 3rd place finishers. I certainly look forward to that on Sunday 4th May.
Quick mention on here for a friend of mine from down south who plays alot on Betfair who has donated an amazing $23k WSOPE package he won earlier back to Betfair to enable them to offer a $500 no registration fee entry MTT where all fees taken up to the £23k are donated to 3 charities of his choice. Any excess fees will be added to the player prize fund and distributed.
An amazing genuine donation which I fully understand and hope is very successful in rewarding 3 very good causes with much needed funds by a well supported tournament. Well done mate.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well played. It's Rob who came 4th on Friday - 'solid,consistent' I'll take that lol!!

Glad you won , you know why!

TEAMDOBB said...

lol cheers m8. the fold fold fold got to him and his even bigger ego cost him and YOU know wot i mean!

Poker play the Soap way said...

nice 1 :)

DasLoot said...

Well played

gyposdog said...

well done mate its turned out a canny month, whats all this "you know why" and "you know wot i mean" was the guy some kind of arsehole or something, do i know him? was it mcnally?

TEAMDOBB said...

lololol aye he was reet arrogant student kid who was giving provvy loads of aggression and shit comments even worse than phil "you only play the same cards" mcnally

gyposdog said...

omg just been reading betfair forum and must take my hat off to mr silent, donateing a 23k wsope package to charity is something else. if we ever meet ill buy your drinks all night, respect.

p.s. i miss u phil mcnally x

MR ENTERTAINMENT said...

I AM THE NEW MASTER OF THE SHORTSTACK AND WAIT TO BE DULY ELECTED TO TEAMDOOBBS (by the way yet another final table place monday 25TH at circus) SO WELL PLAYED MATE GLAD YOU WON IT FRIDAY

TEAMDOBB said...

omg lmao at Mr Entertainment. You got it switched on, found google and can type! enabling you to find TEAMDOBBS. Congratulations and "IF" chosen at next team election for that spare place it will be a pleasure to invite you you our little group and look forward with interest as to your postings on here.
P.S. I hope your high fives are up to our expected standards.