WOW ANNETTE HITS THE TOON!



Very quiet week on the poker front as very busy at work due to staff shortage and Im covering for key member who had knee operation on Sunday and is enjoying Cheltenham and being pampered at home with his leg up drinking tea, coffee n bicckys. To be fair he offered to return on Wednesday but me being the best boss in the World told him to have the rest of the week off--!
Made Fellsider final table again on Tuesday in Poker Pub League ( thats 6 in a row ) but never ever had chips and my early push with A 10 ran into JJ next to me. N1 Ally. Young S2C was VUL losing a very good heads up battle.
Online was awful although damage limited due to entry costs of games I was playing but donked off at 1/2 a couple of nights. Enjoyed the 2nd week of forum game for AWOP on Virgin and crack etc was as good as previous week and over a 100 runners took part. AWOP still lead league 6 points clear from Punters Lounge.
Anyway Friday was Grosvenor live again and the £20 D/C Freeze Out. About 60 runners I think and got a very nice table with Dave " Poisson-Henson-Chipmunk" Stephenson to my left and Russ " The Suit " opposite. Being drawn seat 1 which meant I was dealing didnt bother me as it helps me concentrate and focus better. Was dealing myself utter crap and 1st few levels were a total grind and only decent hand I got was KK which was well raised but called by 2. A flopped Ace had me folding it to strong bet and call which on showdown was A9 and AK. Had to mention it Russ as we laughed about it but " The Suit " made a move on me and my BB which I called looking at 8D6D. Flop came QQ9 to which we both checked. Turn was 5 and check check again- ooooooo free card to inside straight-nice! River brings the 6 and Russ pushes all in. I was convinced my 6 was good and after thinking it through I made the call with all my chips. Yip " The Suit" was bluffing and gets his hand caught in the cookie jar. Took the compliment he made and promised to print!
After break we got broke up and to be honest rest of tournamnet was total grind with total crap cards but somehow and I dont know how really I made it to the Final Table although very low in chips. Chip leader at final table had monsta stack and had been on my 2nd table where hand after hand he was being dealt the business and it seemed no matter what he played they just dropped into the middle for him. Musta been bribing the dealer I think- oops no way cos I was dealing there as well. Final table was a no go for me so decided just for fun element alone to fold down to one 500 chip and attempt to make the comeback of the decade but alas it didnt work although I did move up one place to finish 8th for the grand sum of £45 for £20 plus £5 buy in giving an hourly rate return of tuppence half penny per hour. Slave labour returns to Newcastle!
Moved over to £1/2 cash and after winning 1st hand got the same shit again. Had AA pay off nicely to guy betting into it even though I had flopped set, had straight draw and even hit nut flush on turn he stayed there. Lots of loose money there but never got the business to get involved. Eventually I entered a pot I decided was my last due to being very tired and to save Batesy from losing even more money on the big table with 910 on button and BB raised. 3 way pot to 10 high flop and 2nd caller bets it decent to which I flat call and original raiser folds. Turn brings K and he pushes all in for £30 quid more. The guy had been super tight and patient and I decide to fold to leave in slight profit although the odds tell me to call and he says he was drawing although I never seen his cards. Pussy fold I know but fk it although it did bug me on the way home.
ANYWAY the big news was ANNETTE OBRESTAD- yes the Norwegian Poker Super Star and sponsored Betfair Pro was in the TOON!
She was there at Aspers playing cash £5/£5 Pot Limit with a group of Norwegians over on a Poker Cruise. Sure that sparked alot of action up there, Ill see if I can find out about any interesting pots that were played and how she did. Dont think she entered the £20 quid tournie though lololol!. A few of the guys on the trip were playing the action table in the Grosvenor and I did see a big hand with megga bucks in Pot go to a mad skandie who raised on the button. Ace high flop saw him bet it for Mark Cook to re raise and Skandie announced All In for alot of wonga. Mark eventually folded and Skandie showed down 94. Mmmmm they do like to gamble dont they!
Not playing today, gonna do abit of shopping with the missus and catch up some sleep.
Team game date at Grosvenor being announced soon so watch this space. Good luck all cya laters. Betta to be lucky than good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi appreciated the extra few days off but to be honest will be glad to be back at work tomorrow even though ive got a six week sick note i hate putting anybody under undue pressure and it will be easier going for a piss cos theres no stairs, its hard leaving somebody in the lerch who looks after you so well.

thanks again gis two days then you can have another holiday !!!

or are you wating for vegas and the wsop gl for wed.

the key member off staff...

Poker play the Soap way said...

Keep me updated on live scene mate.

I hate live but need to put a few appearences in to prpeare for some of the events i qualified for.

I guess cushion over head saying no ace no ace no ace only works online :D

TEAMDOBB said...

Never worry Soaps- I carry a cushion to all major live events!