candidates

Its me Karen3300 again. I must get my sign in code name sorted oot.
Just wanted to throw a few names into the hat for the the new team event.

1) Cockney
Even though I dont think he is a cockney, Im sure he is from Yorkshire. He has proven to be a megga player at the Grov these days. When I go along he always seems to b there or there abouts. At first I thought he was abit too loud and sure of himself but he is actually a sound bloke and always gets involved in the crack at the tables. He is a big possibility.

2) The Snooker lads
Two of the old skool regulars who did us proud last yr. I aint seen them for ages but think they have been hitting the final tables in Aspers abit so they have got to be looking at pipping Matto and the Beast in recent form!

3) Provy
You cant miss this bugger like, if you heard him before you seen him ya cant miss them bloody big ear fones or his Blue Square gear! He is probs the most improved player at the Grov. Was impressed with him in the 200 quid game. Not many people at the Grov can pass a hand and full of respect he can do that. Someone else who aint shy to get involved with the banter and a few cringe worthy comments. Im not too sure about his drinking ability mind which needs to be looked at as of course Osbourne Road is the pre match venue for the team event.

4) The Suit
In between shooting Oceans Eleven Russel is down the Grov strutting his stuff. I never knew how to take him until awhile ago when fair play to him you can give him some grief and he will give you some back. I think he could be our bouncer on the doors at Osbornes to help when Gypos gets abit vocal after a few magners.

5) S2C2

Daveys young un and part of the new breed of up and coming youngsters. Dunno aboot them sandies and drain pipe jeans like-would need a shirt to get into Osbornes.

Any more names in the hat please feel free to chip in.

4 comments:

TEAMDOBB said...

mmmmm n1 Jamesy youve set the ball rolling; my comments on ya suggestions are as follows
1; Cockney; Great guy and good player well suited to our crack n that but he was asked last year remember and dropped us in at last minute giving beatsie the chance to dive in.
2; Snooker Lads; Andy has left for the sunshine states of the USA chasing a pussy. Dave Harris aint seen for ages but must stay in imo.
3; Provy; Wants it, will prove a big asset and has a madder sense of humour than us. Best high fiver Ive seen and will spin that wheel off its hinges in Osbornes.
4; Suit; Warmed to him alot lately but I think he has his own Aspers crew M8y.
5; S2C2 well what more can I say. Only one way I could vote in this situation and hes a very underated player who will do us proud.

Russ''The Suit'' said...

i would be pleased to be asked to join the Teamdobb crew it is rare as rocking horse shit that i play at aspers now

Anonymous said...

Hi. Im just posting here to say hi (that's twice now..overkill!). I was chatting to TeamDobbs a bit earlier on Virgin and he gave me the site address. I like it - I enjoy reading other people's poker stories and there's plenty here so I'll probably be back to check some more out.

Slightly on topic: "The Suit" sounds like a scary one. The sort you'd rather have on your side than against, eh.

Hope to see TeamDobbs again on virgin. I'll keep an eye out. Of course it'll be much more of a pleasure if you are slightly trailing me in chips next time.

Sloeps.

Anonymous said...

Hello its Dave "poisson" Stephenson here i bought a hat today and am throwing it in the ring if you really want to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
Just give me a shout if you need me it would be an honour