NO SUN THIS EASTER!



Easter holidays early this year and after last years disaster of going to Madeira for the break decided just to chill at home and look forward to Vegas and the WSOP. Think we are going much earlier this year and miss the main event as last year was just crazy weather and far too hot for enjoying. Looks like early June and hope to play maybe a bracelet $1500 event which will be megga supported and huge field but the opportunity to do it will be too tempting to resist for me. Weather will be kinder as well cos me n the missus love slobbing around the pool especially the one at Caesars.Played WSOP Final table event on Wednesday night with a 12k package up for grabs and after solid start and sitting OK made bad mistake and overplayed my JJ to walk into QQ. No complaints just my bollock and another lesson hopefully learnt. Satellighted straight into next final at 1st attempt for 25 so anutha cheap chance to do it all again very soon. Next weekend sees the £200 2 day game at Grosvenor and Im looking forward to that. Hope to play one game live over Easter but aint decided which one yet- maybe the decent structured new game at Grosvenor on Sunday afternoon.
Been playing more cash lately and had a few interesting nights on Betfair. Im working hard at this part of my game as I would like to play more of this and its definately a big weak link to my game. ANY DECENT BOOKS OUT THERE YOU CAN ADVISE THEN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW. Mainly went on to keep an eye on a team member as I had the whisper he was tilting badly which he was but now seems to have turned it round.
Anyway hand picked a good table and grinded away at tramp level stakes but really enjoyed it and as usual there were various differing players there. Some liked to talk and others did not, some were very critical of others and some were just total arse holes who only sang when they won and bemoaned their horrific luck when they lost out. Met one guy who I enjoyed called RealAle and he seemed a proppa character sitting there drinking his Waitrose Cider throwing in his comments. I double up very early and going along nice but lose with set of 7s and Ace to K7 hitting house on rvr and another pot when well ahead.After a few hours grind I was ready for bed but determined to leave in profit and was $3 down. Woooooah AA appears in my BB and get full table of limpers so decide fk it no messing and lob the full $49.90 in ( big stuff eh!)giving me plus return even if no one calls. Always one though isnt there and sure enuff my chatting pal RealAle makes the call. Showdown and my AA is up against 10 10. Obviously the 10 hits the flop and Im off to bed feeling what a waste of 3 hours. Cudnt resist though asking Real Ale and at 1st I think he thought I was annoyed but to be perfectly honest I wasnt, its just the way it goes. I wanted to know "What he thought I had for him to call me with 10 10" bearing in mind how we both had played durng the session and the size of the bet. On asking the question his reply was the classic " I DIDNT- I JUST CALLED WITHOUT THINKING" lolololol luv it! Good luck RealAle Ive added you to my find player facility for future fun together. He actually pops up again the following night and after plodding away for a while he leaves table to go to bed. OOOOOOOoo on checking my find player who do I notice playing 2/5 and 5/10 is YES RealAle. Cant believe his step up and put it down to the cider. He loads up 250 and loses it, reloads for 500 and gets into this hand. A big pre flop raise which he calls, flop is Ace to which original raiser bets out and RealAle instant All In for a few hundred more to which guy calls. He shows JJ to RealAles A 10. Monsta pot and turn is safe but river is an arrow to RealAles heart when a Jack pops out. Unlucky mate and betta to be lucky than good always!

0 comments: