I FKN HATE QQ THIS WEEKEND!


Decide to have farewell pint with Gyposdog on his way down to London and end up running late and running around like a loony to get to start of £200 freeze out at Grosvenor. Non shaven I musta looked like a reet scruff and tbh I felt like that. So disappointed to see the minimal amount of entries as this is my favourite live game in the town and the lack of support could eventually see its end- hope not!
4 tables kicked it off with a final total after level 2 of a miserly 31, just simply not enuff for a 2 day tournament with this structure. Never really comfortable or feeling good at start or with table and although playing alot of hands not hitting much. Getting decent cards as well but with such low levels they can also get you in trouble. My KK to mention but my fold on Ace flop proved good on Ace show.Couple of early casualties fell and then last hand before table break up I get QQ in mid position to which I fire in decent raise to get caller around corner and BB gives a little bit of speech then puts all his chips in. So fkn obvious hes got AA or KK the sort of play and player he was yet I still make the donk call and finds myself at 2nd table with only my next lot of 5000 chips and feeling very annoyed with myself.
Oucha wot a tuff table this is looking around but on the other hand alot of chips as well.
1st hand Im involved with decent Ace, raise gets me 2 handed and when Ace hits the turn my bet isnt big enough to lose him and when board gives straight to 5 his push all in its oh dear! No point in calling I decide so fold and he shows me A6. Next hand Im involved again with same guy when I play JQc and on a 2 club board with overs I decide to call his decent bet and basically I just gotta hit now or Im out. The club hits the turn and he puts me all in and show me top pair 8 with straight draw. Nice double up. Steady build again and now have monsta stack to my left. I fire in decent raise in late position with 10 10 but monsta stack calls but I get feeling he has a very big hand. When an 8 high board comes my feeler bet is met by " Ill put you all in " reply and I eventually show my 10 10 fold to which Jim kindly says nice fold and shows QQ. Fkn QQ again the ****. His last 3 hands had been 33 hit set, AA, then QQ.
Starting to look bleak it seems and get away with a couple of steals with push to keep within 10BB.
Players dropping fast now and im below 8BB. Then the point of the tournie that shud of changed it for me for the better. Im on 5BB and get 22 utg (7 handed)and fold and an Ace flop includes the 2 that would of given me my set and decent pot comes from both players having an Ace. Next hand I fold 66 on my BB ( all in basically) to big raise top of table and call. 2 really premium card players, my reason being they obviously got 2 good hands and Im up against them and the danger of them checking it out against me. Would need to hit my set or I was gone.
Flop comes AQ6 ( fffkkks) Ends up original raise had KK and the pot taker hits AQ so if I had pushed I would of trebled up. Down to 11 left and final table is last 9. Very next hand and the button pumps it up to virtually have me all in and I look down at QQ. Yip the lovely sight of them ladies again and here we go. He makes up the call and shows AQ. Flop 247 turn 9 and the flipped river brings the beautiful sight of the ACE of clubs. Bye bye cheerio see you all next time hopefully and a tired raggy looking DC makes the drive home and even loses an hours kip due to the clocks going forward!
Gonna have 2 day break now so did my months figures this afternoon.

March

Live play = £125.50 profit
Online play = £289 loss (Included £120 Footy & Horse Racing Crap Tips )
Online other = £275 WSOP final table place

So all in all basically break even online taking into consideration the £275 final table to come as winnings and a small live play profit which considering the amount of games I actually played and a nil return from a £200+£20 reg entry then Im reasonably pleased enough. Also had a £270 return for £100 from stakes in 2 players that played in Prague competition.
S2C is hoping to get Newcastle forum launched this week and initial response is good. We went live for a day to test and had nearly 20 signs up within a couple of hours. Spread the word guys because it seems its needed and can only help the local poker scene and its FREE! Betta to be lucky than good.

0 comments: