Easter Bunny Freeze Out



A power cut at home around 3.00 makes my mind up and me and S2C make our way to the Grosvenor and their newish Sunday afternoon game of £25 Freeze Out, 6000 chips and 30 minute blinds. Expected decent turn out after last weeks 58 runners but boooooooooooooo ends up just over 30 and top 3 is only place to finish for decent return. Added bonus was 2 bountys out there called "Bunnys" and not announced until the "Bunny" is knocked out.
Best hand early doors was a flopped house with Ah3h which eventually got paid by 2 callers after my bet at the river. After that it was grind grind for a couple of hours and the game eventually turned for me when all fold to my sb and my MONSTA Kd7d I call the BB to which he single raises me. I call and I cant remember the exact flop but my check was met by single bet by guy to which I call. I had made my mind up here with what I had left and what had been put in it was shit or bust. The river brought possible straight to Queen on the board and I pushed the rest of my 3k plus into the middle to represent it. Guy was cursing me for hitting the straight and folded his raggy Ace. Made it worse for him when I showed the bluff but It wasnt to rub his face in it, was just because hes a decent guy. Not a happy bunny now to my left and next round its all fold to my sb and I raise it up to 4500 for him to hum and ha and announce "Youve got AK AQ" Im not just calling its all in or fold. Hes obviously got pocket pair prob mid and he eventually pushes it all in. I know Im calling cos its make or break. He shows 66 and its race time. Flop of QQ improves even further when A hits the turn for the house to me and an angry bunny is even more angry.
Table moved and soon its bubble time and Im AQ clubs utg for raise to 4500. BB calls with about same stack as me and the flop brings J10K and happy days when he annouces all in showing AK. Pot takes me chip leader to final table and thats where it all stops. Hand after hand its utter total crap and cant even get a steal in with raises in front all the time. Down to last 5 and I eventually see a hand with JJ utg and my raise is met by all in on the button. AK AQ I say and make call hoping to win decent pot which would take me back as chip leader. She shows down AK and the flop brings the A and the turn brings the K. Crippled now and push next hand with A6D to be called by A5C chip leader and his 5 drops in on the flop. 5th place for £60 and leave feeling rather disappointed although any win is nice enough.
Good structure to this tournament but some important things to note. In my opinion they have to have at least 50/60 runners to make it worthwhile. It hardly seems worth it when the 1st prize was £258 for the amount of time involved. I finish 5th for £60 return on £30 investment and over 6 hours play. Easier to play a £30 stt online forsure but the live play element is always the draw for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Rob who was your right on FT. You waste no time posting do you!
Bad luck you had a good stack but a card dead run with all action before it got to you. But got your chips in ahead on both occasions.
I went out fourth.
Saw on earlier blog you are trying to get more into cash and wanted a book recommendation. I don't play cash but Harrington has a new book out on cash games (2 volumes?. Have a look at Amazon.

TEAMDOBB said...

Thanks for comment and book advice Rob. I like Harringtons books they are an easy read. Enjoyed ya company again wd.