Keeping ya feet on the ground

A big danger when playing poker is to get carried away with alot of the hype that surrounds the game. The emergence of poker on TV and the choice of games online has obviously progressed the game at a rapid pace but what must always be remembered is that for every winner there are at least 4 losers. The big winners are online sites and organised poker tournaments that dont just occasionaly win but win EVERY TIME.
At my 2nd wsop trip I was amazed at the amount of money loosely gambled and also the stories of losing amounts I was told. Now I must admit Im not exactly short of a few quid but I do strictly manage my poker bankroll and play at a level and a limit that I accept. To be honest if I was continually losing I would NOT play- simple as.
Trouble is I see alot of others get carried away with not only themselves and their self esteem and egos but their financial situation. In no time they are seriously in debt and chasing getting deeper and deeper. Be sensible and manage ya money correct and play at your right level to enjoy it.
Another thing very important is not to let this game get in between friendships which it easily can if not careful. Friends are so hard to find but you can play poker anywhere.

0 comments: