GYPOSBLOG



Starting to become disillusioned with online poker at the moment, cant take the beats like i used to (arrr poor bairn i can hear you think). I realised this when i couldn't for the life of me get to sleep after, i CRASHED out of the 45k on pokerstars in 12th position from 1315 players my ak v aj for the chiplead lost, then twohands later, in about 5th position in chips, my kk got beaten by jj and it was of to the world of the insomniacs for me (im actually getting a stress pain in my neck now thinking about it lol).
So last night seen me break off my slippers put my pipe to rest, hockle on the laptop and hit that FANTASTIC BIG CITY NEWCASTLE. Ends up at the grosvenor with Mr Teamdobb himself and card room legend Berlin Bates, must say it was nice to see alot of the old faces again, Gary Brewer,Dave Harris, Colin Taylor,the one and only Barry Smith, Jimmy Lawson,Christine , big daft loud Danny from stanley nice lad really just misunderstood by some miserable old cnts, but i like him. Must not forget to give a big shout to Craig Foggo he a character, thinking he the dogs danglys with his bose headphones, i think they are a two way radio with Allen Cunningham, the way he was playing, the laydowns he showed me were frightening well done mate most definitely the most improved player I've seen there.
Wasn't long before i remembered why i stopped going there when i went to buy in and it had gone up again, only 50p but why the fuck just 50p? if your raising your prices and looking like a bunch of greedy ruthless arseholes, you may as well of got a better result, Its the like of poor Candice who gets the stick for it, must give her a shout as well for the fantastic job she does.
The tourny went well never lost a hand until it got down to the last 12 made a bit of a loose call with a5sooted the guy had jj but that was the only mistake. gutted to see Teamdobb go out 12th and Berlin Bates 15th so close yet so far, lol 40% more for me woo hoo needed it after having three days off work this week with manflu and tonsilitus. Made final table with about twice the average and just coasted through really till it got down to the last three, got shot of the short stack and it was heads up with a good player and a real gentleman Colin Taylor he had me about 2-1 and offered a deal,to be honest id of offered him the same he a nice genuine bloke(id only do this for a handful of people), so 400 each it was and we played on for 45 well i say played on i was knackered and pushing every hand and ended up winning with my k9 v his 910sooted ended up just splitting the 45 lol so all in all I'm glad i pulled myself away from online poker not just because i won but because of some of them real diamond people that get in the place.
So first win of the year, it was deffo needed because my head was getting done in with the game, but its amazing what a win can do and like us all i just love that feeling of victory Well that's my quarterly blog done(lol) good luck at the tables in 2008. oh and big shout to paul merson the barry smith of footy hee hee

1 comments:

TEAMDOBB said...

lol wd m8y you deffo da man!
slippers n pipe musta missed ya last nite. my 10% £40 quid keeps me in profit for month tx v much.