INTERESTING FRIDAY EVENING! but dont play 10 4 off.


After a reasonably eventful week Friday proved to be no exception. Decided my live game was going to be at Grosvenor for the £20 Double Chance again and 70 runners made the shuffle up and deal.
No S2C this week, too tired and stressed out maybe from graft with the launch of his online shop project hes been working on for months and the joy of his 1st order midway through launch day that afternoon.A call from John Devlin that hes going and Woooooooooooo Gyposdog my number 1 poker buddy puts away his Poker Stars slippers and pipe to tell me "" Im ooooot-do ya fancy it? """"
1st levels werent too bad from a very weak table although very slow each hand which always happens when it contains new players having to inform them basic stuff. Gyposdog was on next table and into his 2nd stack early doors and not looking a happy chappy due to certain things that had happened at his table.
Get to break with enough chips and greet a couple of new players on return one being the loud and drunk Sean "CID" McGuiness. At least he livened up a rather dour table and things started picking up but he went out early trying to steal with J9 and got his fingers burnt. Guy to my right was hitting everything and playing any 2 cards. Down to last 20 odd and my BB with only 10 blind stack on 1/2k blinds dealt 8c5c and all fold to sb who calls. Flop drops in 8h6c4c and big stack checks to which I push all in and he calls showing Kd7d. Turn is Q and river is one of only 2 Kings he could hit for good night josephine for me. Typical Friday night exit I suppose. The guy went on to donk away most of his stack although he did make final table but very low stacked.
Look around for Gypo and hes up on £1/£2 cash table next to Craig "Mr Entertainer" Foggo so I decide to buy in for the £100 max and sit down at opposite end of table looking for a couple of hours of good crack and abit of fun we normally get with who was sitting there. I get 88 1st hand in BB and with 6 limpers to which I patter on abit then I raise it up and loose 3 to flop of 8 9 10. It ends up that just me and Gypo want the pot and despite my obvious strength he stays in and loses large pot and needs another stack of chips. Soon after he raises in position to my blind and I call with Q10 to flop of A106 and hes pushing so I call and hes got 10 crap and my hand takes the pot and an unhappy Gypo leaves the table. Im gobsmacked cos I didnt sit down at that table to skint me best poker buddy so go looking for him and find him in the bog. Ill keep what was said private between us but despite the awkward situation he knows the score and its all A OK.
Ended up one of those nights when whatever you play its hitting and came away from table £500 up. Had a quick errand to do and then got home around 2.30.
Slept alot Saturday afternoon and thought I was dreaming when looking at the FA Cup results although Newcastle wouldnt even win in a dream at the moment.
Had a look on Will Hill and decided to play a couple of satellites for final of WPT/EPT final and Vegas Package final. Shudnt of bothered- 1st hand in WPT Satellite Im dealt AA and utg raises it to 120, I re raise to 390 and guy round corner pushes all in and utg and me both call. Its AA KK round corner and JJ utg. Yip JJ makes up straight to Jack on river. Vegas satellite I make bad push with JJ and KK pops up with no help for me. Oh well WIN SOME LOSE SOME. Betta luck tomorrow maybe.

0 comments: